A fresh perspective on Australian employment and social policy issues developed from wide and deep international and local experience. Toni has the ability to quickly turn a mass of policy and statistical material into clear messages and effectively communicate them. She can help you with:
- Across a range of social issues – she has specific expertise in employment but strong experience in income support, disability, ageing, sole parents and Indigenous issue areas.
- International research and practice on the benefits of investing in skills and tapping new local skill markets.
- Understanding local and regional labour markets and how to serve them.
- Researching industry sectors – employers, hiring practices and training needs.
- Design, delivery and enhanced performance of employment and social policy programs – including job outcomes and retention.
- Specific expertise in demand-led approaches to employment and training - including assisting providers work more closely with employers.
- Developing national and regional workforce development networks which put employers at the centre of employment and skills development and retention.
- Strategies for Australian companies to retain employees in hard times.
Toni is well respected among senior Federal Parliamentary Press Gallery journalists where she is known as a clear thinker and passionate advocate for social justice. Ministers and officials respect her for her ideas, knowledge and understanding of how ideas and concepts move through the political process and become policy.
Non-profit management, performance reviews and strategic thinking
Toni uses a strategic approach to helping you review your programs and policies - looking at your external operating environment as well as your internal capability. Her focus is on program improvement. She has experience working with a range of NGO and corporate clients and excels at tailored solutions to meet your needs.
Facilitation and public speaking
Toni is an accomplished speaker and facilitator, experienced in communicating with Ministers, government officials, employers, non-profit staff and clients. See Recent Work for her speaking engagements.
“Toni carried out all her duties with a very high degree of competence and application…she played a key role in a number of major government initiatives in my area of portfolio responsibility.” - Peter Baldwin, former Australian Minister for Social Security
“Toni Wren is an engaging, polished presenter who cares about her audience. She is passionate about the not for profit sector, especially the employment services market, and this carries through in her presentations” - Dr Geoff Waring, Course Director, Centre for Social Impact Not for Profit Manager Executive Program.